Saturday, 6 August 2011

Altered book

This is a new one for me! I've never altered anything before but I must say, it's fun. Above is the finished project, although the baby is sitting behind a 'window' but it doesn't show in the photograph.

It all started with this:-
After gluing 2/3rds of the the pages together with pva and letting them dry, I cut out a recess which I lined with a Christmas paper. (I'm sorry but I don't know who's paper it is, I have had it in my stash for years)

I made a 'box' from white card for the remaining 1/3rd of the book. Once fitted, I matted and layered on the inside, stamped the greeting and added a die cut snowflake embellished with stickles.
The back page and spine were covered in a contrasting paper which, in turn, was fixed to the 'box'.
Baby Bea was mounted on foam pads in the recess which was then covered with clear acetate. A die cut frame was placed to hide the edges of the acetate. Teddy Bea (skating) was coloured with promarkers and embellished with stickles 'Ice' and glued to one side. The star is part of the Teddy baby download. All of the snowflakes are from a die cut. The icicles (in the first picture of the finished project) is a stamp from Stamp Addicts.

Thanks for looking.

Monday, 1 August 2011

Apples


I'm not sure about the composition of this card but I like the apples around the edge and the brick wall! For the wall, I used a mask from Creative Expressions which I coloured with chalks - I think it's very effective and must play with that a bit more.